wonderful new series!

Heart Bandit (Gargoyle Night Guardians #1) - Rosalie Redd
*purchased copy Jan 2020* I have a *thing* for the more obscure paranormal creatures, and gargoyles are at the top of that list, since so few are written. Add in an author who is a firm favourite, and really, you can't go wrong! And I LOVED this gargoyle book! It has twists and turns, new additions to the folklore of gargoyles. It has a feisty young lady, with an old head on her shoulders. It has an old solider, with a hardened heart. It has a scorned witch, and some bad as sin fae folk who want nothing more than to destroy all the gargoyles! Beaumont (not ever shortened to Beau, so many Brownie points!) is old, and actually has had enough. Faced with his little pickpocket stealing his most precious stone, he knows that he will die if he doesn't get it back. But since meeting the feisty little thief, his attitude is changing, and maybe, just maybe, he can find it, and be happy with Sadie. I loved that Beaumont only calls Sadie her given name but once in the whole book. She's his little thief, his pickpocket, all those sorts of names. Why? He doesn't like that Sadie contains the word SAD! I was like, "oh thats so sweet!" I liked that Sadie's sister will play a huge part in another gargoyle's life, in book 2. And I wonder if the scorned witch will be making another appearence in a later book to redeem herself. Ms Redd has started a new series with a bang, and I hope to get to read them all! 5 full and shiny stars! **same worded review will appear elsewhere**