not sure I liked Ryker!

Ryker - V.L. Locey, R.J. Scott
Independent reviewer for Archaeolibrarian, I was gifted my copy of this book. **This review will be short, I really dislike writing the three star reviews!** Ryker is hockey royalty, coming up as 4th generation championship winning players. Jacob works his family farm with his mum and dad. Both end up at hockey camp for the summer, and are polar opposites in most things. Sharing a room brings them closer, then camp is over and they are on opposite sides of the country. When Ryker switches college to be closer to Jacob, will Jacob let him? I can't put my finger on why this one didn't work for me, and ya'll know how much that does my head in! So, here's what I DID like. Both Jacob and Ryker have their say, so we get both sides of the coin. Both voices are clear and very different, and their voice is in the first person. Each change is clearly headed, and comes as the chapter changes. I saw no spelling or editing errors to spoil my reading. I tagged it as a short read, because it does NOT seem as long as the billed 196 pages! One sitting read, too. There are some characters from the series this one spins off, and that makes me want to go back and read THEIR series, or at least, Jared and Ten (Ryker's dad and step dad) stories. I just . . . .DON'T know what didn't work! Or at least, that was what I thought when writing this review. Now I'm typing it up, I *think* it might be Ryker himself. I dunno, maybe. Possibly. So, gonna leave it at that. 3 good solid but maybe not for me, stars **same worded review will appear elsewhere**