a good solid 4 star read!

Inciting a Riot (Riot MC #2) - Karen Renee
Independent reviewer for Archaeolibrarian, I was gifted my copy of this book. 6 years ago, Lorraine caught Cary (Vamp) in their bed with two other women and her world imploded. Now, he's back and fighting dirty. Fighting for Rainy's love, and for her life, when an ex turns nasty. This is book two in the Riot MC series, and I have not read book one. I'll come back, in a minute, to why I think I probably should have. For the most part, I DID enjoy this, I really did. There are just a couple of things that let it down, for ME. It's told ALMOST entirely from Rainy's point of view, in the first person. While it's clear, after a very short time who is speaking, it would have been nice to have been told. We do get a bit of Cary, in the third person, but not nearly enough for my liking! I needed MORE Cary. At several points along the way, Cary says something happened to him a few months ago, but it was never clarified just WHAT gave him the epiphany he had that made he realise who he needed to make his life complete. THIS is where I think I should have read book one first. Maybe THAT event is in that book. I NEEDED to know what happened, and we are not told that here. On a positive note, because it is mostly only Rainy who speaks, the MC stuff takes a bit of a back seat and I did like that. I wasn't too clear whether these guys are into all the illegal stuff that often comes with MC books, but I really don't care. These guys love their woman, hard, and everyone seems happy. Except Trixie, she's not a happy bunnie and I want her to be! Please Ms Renee, make Trixie happy! I did like the way the nutty ex thing so so darn complicated! So,, because of that missing information, because I needed more of Cary, and because I DID read it in one sitting. . . 4 solid stars **same worded review will appear elsewhere**