a much more engaging read than book one!

Bishop Ridge (Sawyer's Ferry #2) - Cate Ashwood
Independent reviewer for Archaeolibrarian I was gifted my copy of this book. This is book two in the Sawyer's Ferry series. It's not really necessary to read book one, Alaska, first but I would personally say you should. Gage and Holden play a huge part here. And their story is really rather good too! Jackson walks into Logan's clinic and sparks fly. I mean, even Logan was thinking about going against his doctor/patient rules. But Logan passes Jackson's case to Holden and all bets are off. But both men have a no-repeat rule. So just why are they going for round two, three and more? Logan is Gage's partner at the hospital and best friend. We met him in Alaska. I'm glad he got his story! It is again told from both men's point of view in the first person. Not my favourite, but Ms Ashwood seems to somehow negate that fact and I really am enjoying this series. I loved the fact that this . . . Non-relationship kinda creeps up on both the guys. Its very much a slow burn in regards to the emotions involved for them both. Steam and passion? Immediate and powerful but the emotions creep up on them and it takes a while for them to see. Loved that they both fought it, hard. Loved how Logan made Jackson admit to his feelings but not what got them to that point! Scary, I was worried! We never did get to the story about how Jackson has a gunshot wound from 6 years ago, but it's only when typing this up that I realised that! I gave Alaska 4 stars, but I found myself far more engaged with Logan and Jackson, than I was with Gage and Holden, so. . . 5 full and shiny stars **same worded review will appear elsewhere**