great for LGBT and Young Adult fans

Courting Light - A. Zukowski
Independent reviewer for Archaeolibrarian, I was gifted my copy of this book. Josie volunteers to help at a summer camp for disabled children. But it's the camp leader, Sam, who draws Josie like a moth to a flame. Something must have piqued my interest with this one because it came with a young adult tag and I said yes, I would read it. And I did like! Not love but I liked it. Josie, by her own admission, only at camp to have something else on her CV other than school. Paired with Lucian, an autistic teenager, she learns a lot about herself and her life; and that of those around her. The draw to Sam, the camp leader, is instant and powerful, and Sam fights it a long time before they finally give into each other. At the end of camp, though, Josie is in for a surprise, as were we! And I did like the ending. From what Josie was saying, about what she thought in years to come, I really wasn't sure which way it was gonna go! BUT only Josie has a say and ya'll know what I think about that! AND it IS young adult, very much so. What Josie does say, is well written and well delivered. I quite liked Josie! It's a lovely, easy read, great for young adult fans, and for LGBT fans alike. Just maybe not one for me. 3 good solid stars. **same worded review will appear elsewhere**