a great first time author!

Perfect Mistake (Perfect, #1) - Sophia Karlson
Independent reviewer for Archaeolibrarian, I was gifted my copy of this book. 4 years ago,Simone and Carlo had 6 glorious weeks together. Then Carlo disappeared, leaving Simone pregnant. Now Carlo is back, as her boss and he's trying to find out who is using his flights for the poaching of ivory. When Simone is implicated, she has to reveal his daughter to him. Can they survive just what is happening around them, between them? I did not know, going into this book, that Karlson is a first time author. I did not,at all, get that impression while I was reading it either! Karlson spins a great tale! It's not overly explicit, not is it particularly violent. It does get a little . . . . . .yukkie. . ..when Simone's friend is describing her "gifts" though. Also, it's quite painful reading about Simone and Carlo's trip to the poaching sites. Only because it truly is awful, the poaching. I did not get who was part of the poaching ring, and I was surprised how that all went down. I sort of expected something else to happen, I was waiting for that something else, to see how Simone would deal with it,before she revealed his daughter to Carlo, but that doesn't happen, so I was a little . . . . .not disappointed, cos I really enjoyed what did happen here, but I can't find the right word word, and you know how that pains me so! It's told from both Simone and Carlo 's point of view, in the third person. It's WELL told, well defined and well delivered. I read it in one single sitting. So why not 5 stars? No idea,but I have 4stars attend of my fingertips while typing this up, so. . . . 4 solid first time stars. **same worded review will appear elsewhere**