5 sad but bloody amazing stars

Man - Charmaine Pauls
I was gifted my copy direct from the author, that I write a review was not required but I darn well gotta!! Book 9 in this series, and you really REALLY should read all the other books, in order, to get the full picture. You need to know what Godfrey has book up to and what has happened to Cain's team along the way. Much is referenced to from previous books, and you need to know what happened. AND because I bloody well said so!! She captures his attention in a way no woman has for years. There has been no one since his wife died. Too bad that Olivia is the wife of Godfrey, the man Cain and his team have been after for some time. He'll use her to get what he wants, and kill her if she steps in his way. Won't he? When I start a series, I find there is one character who needs to have a story, one who piques my curiosity and I wait, sometimes patiently, sometimes not, for their story. Cain was probably that character right from the start. And he did NOT disappoint me! As leader of the Forbidden Arts task force, its come down to Cain getting Godfrey. And its done in such a way that I was .... say what now?? I had to double back, an several points along the way to check I hadn't missed anything. Because let me tell ya, this book took so many twists and turns, that had I not been glued to the sofa to get this book finished, I would have been dizzy!! We get what Godfrey has been doing to keep his wife in check. We get what he has done to himself to become immortal. And it ain't pretty, no ma'am! Godfrey is a bad, bad man and he does finally run out of those nine lives he had! Well, sorta, kinda, maybe. Bit of a spoiler so not gonna elaborate but did NOT see that coming! We catch up with everyone here. Every team member and their other half takes part in bringing Godfrey down. They aren't all in the same place, but they all pop up at some point and I loved that. Cain is, quite possibly, the dirtiest man in his team! Oh my, yes indeed! And I would say, his story is the steamiest of the whole series! So much steam! Steamed up glasses!! Phew!! But boy oh boy, so darn good!!! But I'm sad! Because this is the LAST book in this series, a series I loved from the time Bono dropped Josselin out the helicopter in front of Clelia, all the way back in the beginning. I'm gonna miss these people, I really am. Maybe, Ms Pauls, there could be a catch up book, a few years from now, just to see how everyone is, and oh! all the babies! Oh pleeeeeeeeeeeeze??? If you are finding this series now, at the last book, go back to the beginning, go right back to the beginning, with the prequel, Loving the Enemy. You won't be disappointed! I don't wanna end my review, because I don't want to say goodbye! 5 sad, but bloody amazing stars **same worded review will appear elsewhere**