difficult but AMAZING reading!

Page of Tricks (Inheritance Book 5) - Amelia Faulkner
I was gifted a copy of this book direct from the author, that I write a review was not required but I am doing!! Because, people!! You NEEEEEEEEED to read these books!! This is book 5 in the Inheritance series, and you really REALLY need to read books one, Jack of Thorns, book two, Knight of Flames and book 3, Lord of Ravens. Book 4, Reeve of Veils, is not really required but if you do read it, you might have issues with Freddie, I did!!! Freddie has been tasked with ruining Quentin by their father, and the only way he knows how to do that, is by ruining Laurence. So he kidnaps Laurence and takes him to England, forcing Quentin to follow. A battle of wits there follows, and its unclear just who will come out alive. Struggling to word what I need to say, without giving too much of the plot away, so forgive me if I waffle! These books (bar book four, because I HATED Freddie in that book!) are all 5 stars reads and this one did NOT disappoint. We get more about just what happened to Quentin at the hands of his father, and Quentin gets it too, after blocking it out for so many years. Its a wonder the man isn't insane! It's painful reading, really painful and you do feel a kind of .....Lord help me for saying so.... you feel a bit sorry for the Duke, because HE suffered too, and HIS father and so on. Makes you kinda see the WHY he did what he did, kinda, sorta. Oh please don't hate me, I'm just trying to get how I feel out!! Laurence and Quentin spend much of this book apart, but when they come together at the end??? OOOOOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!! |Those boys is getting their dirty on, yes ma'am, they certainly are! Maybe with Quentin finally admitting, at least to himself, what went on, he can fully embrace his relationship with Laurence. Oh. And Windsor, the raven is just too darn cute here. His connection to Laurence as his familiar is growing as Windsor does, becoming stronger. Can't wait to see what happens there! And wouldn't you, the baby's first word is POOP! I'm loving that, at the end, there is a epilogue, from we know not who. Who throws a spanner in the works. Who makes you think "WTF" over and over. So I'm loving that, because I cannot see where this all is going! LOVE being kept on my toes. Love not knowing whats gonna come at me. Very dark, with sexual abuse and drug abuse here, so some readers may find these books difficult reading. BUT amazing, really amazing books!! Thank you, Ms Faulkner, for me copy. 5 full stars **same worded review will appear elsewhere**