awesome narration of an awesome book!

Wrapped Up in Chains - Cindy Sutherland
Independent reviewer for Divine Magazine, I was gifted the AUDIO file of this book. Devon finds Chase, tied to a St Andrews Cross, in his club, being badly whipped and Devon sees red. After taking Chase down and looking after him, Devon gets some of why Chase was being punished so harshly, and again sees red. Because the man who has held Chase as nothing more than a slave and prisoner for 7 years, is the same man who beat Devon to a pulp when he was just starting out in the lifestyle. What started as a case of after care, quickly becomes something much more, for both men, but Devon knows, to keep Chase safe, he is going to have to let him go. Don't you just LOVE it when a book totally surprises in ways you didn't see coming!! I knew this was going to be a painful listen, both physically and emotionally, but i didn't fully understand just how painful it was going to be. Written from both Devon and Chase's point of view, we get it all. We get deep into the emotional scars Chase from his 7 years at the hands of Kingston. We get deep into Devon's psyche as a Dom and a Master, but equally, as just a man, who finds himself letting go of the one man who could make him whole, just to keep Chase safe. I was shocked how it all went down with Kingston, but given the level of madness that man possessed, I don't think either Chase or Devon would have been really safe had it gone down any other way. And I love loved LOVED that it was CHASE who pushed Devon to come get him! Loved that Chase corned Devon, come get me, or I'm moving on. And THAT was what Devon needed to hear, to make him see that that he needed Chase in his life, his bed and his heart. First I've read/listened of Ms Sutherland's work, hope it's not the last! AUDIO REVIEW John Anthony Davis narrates. This is, as far as I can see, the first of Davis' work I've listened to. Other than a tendency to pause in random places, in the middle of sentences, I loved the way he performed this book. His reading voice is deep and clear, and I had no trouble catching everything he said. His voices are distinctive and easily definable, making it easy to know who was talking without being told. And it seemed to me, while very VERY young sounding at the beginning, Chase's voice became older in the time he was with Devon. Like he grew up really quickly. I liked that, might just be me though! Davis pulls off the intense emotions in this book incredibly well. It was painful listening, I can only imagine how painful reading it would be. I will certainly look for more of Davis' work to listen to. 5 stars for the book 4.5 stars for the narration, but only because of the random pausing rounded up to five stars overall. **same worded review will appear elsewhere**