great first book, second not so much.

Road Trip Vol. 1 - BA Tortuga
Independent reviewer for Divine Magazine, I was gifted my copy of this book. This is a two book set, Racing The Moon, and Steam And Sunshine, and I read them back to back, so my review will be for both books, as a single listing. I enjoyed reading about Sonny and MJ, in Racing The Moon. They come together in an unusual way, Sonny running his Moonshine and MJ blowing up Sonny's escape route! There is immediate chemistry between these guys, I mean, they are trying to kill each other but it quickly turns into sexual chemistry. And THAT is way off the charts! Once these guys get with the programme, they are at it like bunnies and I LIKED that ....in the first book. But in Steam and Sunshine?? not so much. Every little thing sets them off, like EVERYTHING!!! And its on every bloody page, almost. Oh, I'm not against high levels of sexual activity, not at all, but it has to be in keeping with the book, and it took me an inordinate amount of time to read the 330 pages its billed on Goodreads as. I had to keep putting it down, and coming back to it, just to give myself a break from it all! In the first book, its pretty much just Sonny and MJ, with side characters, but in book 2, Neil and Paddy are introduced, hog tied and kidnapped! And these guys are great, weird, as are Sonny and MJ, but great. I liked them. It's very well written, from Sonny, MJ, Neil and Paddy's point of view. All four of them are very different, and it does take a little time to get into each character's way of thinking. Quite hard, at first, but I found it quicker to get with Neil and Paddy, than Sonny and MJ, possibly because I read them back to back. And these guys are BADASS! All of them are, but Sonny and MJ more so. They make no apologies for who and what they are, and I did love that, even badass as they are, Sonny and MJ managed to find those three little words. Kinda cute, but don't tell them that! There is a bigger picture across the stories, and I'm not seeing it yet. I have inklings, but I can't see that picture, and BECAUSE I can't see it, I would love to be able to read books 3 and 4 in this series. Had I just read book one, I would have rated that 5 stars, but this is for volume one, and is for two books and I had some issues with book two, so.... 4 stars **same worded review will appear elsewhere**