not quite as good as book two

Urgent Care (Hearts and Health Book 3) - DJ Jamison
Independent reviewer for Archaeolibrarian, I was gifted my copy of this book. This is book three in the series, Hearts and Health, but you don't need to have read the other two. I've only read one. While previous characters pop up (major brownie points from me on that one!) you don't need to have read their stories for this one to make sense. I LOVED book two, Bedside Manner, like warm and fuzzies for days. This one, not so much and I can't for the life of me figure out why! Its well written, from both men's point of view, and I did enjoy the story, how it all unfolded, and Trent and Xav deal with their history. I liked the epiphany that Trent had, after his friend died, why he came back to town, and why he wanted so badly to reconcile with the only man he ever loved. I liked that Xav (which only Trent shortened as such but I'm stealing it!) was reluctant and rightly so. I liked the way they took their time to finally consummate their new relationship. I LIKED the book, Trent and Xav and their story. I just didn't LOVE it. And it pains me, deeply, to say that because it really is a good book! so, 4 stars **same worded review will appear elsewhere**