I needed Gavin!

Shadow's Edge - Jami Gray
Independent reviewer for Archaeolibrarian. * A copy of this book was provided to me with no requirements for a review. I voluntarily read this book, and my comments here are my honest opinion. * Raine and Gavin are Kyn, more so, they are Wraith, an elite warrior with in the Kyn similar to the human Black Ops teams. Gavin is a Witch, Raine is Fey, but Raine is much much more, thanks (not really the right word though!) to being a test subject she really didn't want any part of. Called to investigate some deaths within the company of the son of the man at the helm of those tests, Raine is pushed way past her limits. And Gavin helps with that pushing but not in the same way. I read Ms Gray's PSY-IV teams series, 3 of them back to back, and I loved them. This one is a little less...in-yer-face but more a slow growing tale that has much more to come. I liked that we don't get all of Raine's past in one go, all of her connections to the bosses of Taliesin, the company that hides the Kyn. I liked the slow burn between Raine and Gavin. I really like the way the story works, how it resolves itself, how it's told. What I didn't like, was the single person point of view. Now, after reading the PSY-IV teams books, I LOVED them, and they were single point of view and multi point of view. BUT only RAINE has a say here, and after reading the little short that precedes this one, Wrapped in Shadows, part of the Tangled in Shadows collection, I expected Gavin to have a say. I LOOKED forward to Gavin having a say and he doesn't. AND I wanted to hear from him! That reason is the only reason it gets..... 4 stars **same worded review will appear elsewhere**