not needed to follow main books

Tangled In Shadows: Kyn Kronicles Short Stories - Jami Gray
Independent reviewer for Archaeolibrarian I was gifted my copy of this book. Four shorts, designed to be read along the main books. Wrapped In Shadows, book 0.5 We are into produced to Raine, Gavin and Xander here. They are Wraith, members of an elite guard with in the Kyn, similar to the humans Black Ops teams. Only Gavin has a say here. Submerged In Shadows, book 1.5 Raine is on an enforced vacation with her uncle, Ryan, when they come across a Selkie, trying to get her skin back. I didn't fully understand the implications of what that meant, though. Raine speaks here. Masked By Shadows, book 2.5 Raine and Gavin are sent to New Orleans to deliver a package, and nothing is ever simple for this pair! Ensnared By Shadows, book 3.5 Ryuu, second to Vidis, of the Motoki Pack, has to deal with Lliana, of the Division, and a rather nasty spider! I don't know what I expected to get from these four little shorts, but I felt a little let down by them. After the first which was an introduction to the Kyn and these people, the other three books seemed kind of . . .I dunno . . .after thoughts, maybe? Oh don't get me wrong, they are nice little shorts, but I don't see their connections to the main books. Maybe that will come in future books, the diverging of the storylines. Nice little shorts, but you don't NEED them to enjoy the main books. 3 stars **same worded review will appear elsewhere**