read the other books first!

Shifting Currents - L.M. Brown
Independent reviewer for Divine Magazine, I was gifted my copy of this book. This is book FOUR in the Mermen and Magic series. I have not read the other three. And I think maybe I should have, because I felt I was missing something. Something about the Gods and Goddesses waking that wasn't recapped here. That's just my opinion, and I can only give my opinion, but I really think it would have helped ME. Delwyn is a merman, and Oracle of the Past. He cannot see unless he is in a vision. what he enjoys the most is almost spying on lovers of old. Centuries ago, Fabian was Oracle of the Present. When Fabian catches Delwyn watching him and his lover, Delywn is shocked, but intrigued by the Altantean. They begin to spend more and more time together, til one day, they can be together for real. Mer-people books come through so rarely, and I had high hopes for this one, but that missing SOMETHING from not reading the other three books left me feeling a bit let down. Oh don't get me wrong, its still a really good book, and I did enjoy it, for the most part. I just . . . .ugh! I can't word it right, without making the book look bad, because it really ISN'T a bad book, not at all. I just needed that from the other books that isn't here, that's all! It's told from both Delwyn and Fabian's point of view, in the third person. I spotted no spelling or editing errors. And I really DID like it, I just didn't love it. Given time (she says, falling off her chair laughing!) I'll go back and read the other three books and come back to this one again. I just don't know when that's likely to happen. I can't see that I've read anything else by Brown, but I would like to read more. because of that SOMETHING missing from the other three books... 4 stars **same worded review will appear elsewhere**