Best one, after book one!

Chiromancist - Charmaine Pauls
Independent reviewer for Archaeolibrarian, I was gifted my copy of this book. Bono isn't part of Cain Jones' team, not in the sense that he has none of the Seven Arts but he does fly them around the world, wherever they need to go. When their target, a woman who can read the future, a Chiromancist, takes a shine to Bono, he is thrown into the fray. But Sky pushes his buttons, buttons he never knew needed pushing. And it becomes a question of who will die first: Sky at the hands of Josselin and his team, or Bono at the hands of Sky's jailers. This is book 8 in the Seven Forbidden Arts series. It can be read as a stand alone, but I re-iterate the point that I would strongly recommend you read all the other books before this one. It would give you a better picture of Cain and his team, and of Godfrey and what he's been up. I am so very very glad Bono got a story! I've been waiting for his story, (not even knowing if it would come, because I somehow forgot to ask THAT question of Ms Pauls) since he dropped Josselin of in front of Clelia all the way back in book one. And it does NOT disappoint! Bono, the brooding Senegalese pilot, first meets Sky, the Chiromancist, when they visit for a reading. They know just what she is and what her Art is. They also know who has her on a tight leash. She doesn't like what she sees and she has no idea how to stop it. But Bono makes Sky want in a way she never did before. However, her ties to Doumar, and to Godfrey run fast, and they run deep. She knows the only way she'll really be free is to die, and to take Doumar and Godfrey with her. Finally!! We finally get just WHAT Godfrey is doing and not even Cain Jones saw THAT one coming, I tell ya! Not saying what, cos that's spoilers, and you'll not get it, nope, certainly won't!! But I swear, Godfrey has more lives than a bloody cat, and so far, he has used 8 of them. So book 9, Cain's story (soooooooooooo bloody excited for that!!) and Godfrey *should* run out! I love the layers that Pauls weaves into her stories. I did not see what Sky was gonna do coming at me. I did NOT see why those ties ran so deep coming at me! I did not see what Cain and Bono and the team did coming at me! I love being surprised on every level here! There is far less emphasis on Sky's Art. It not about her Art. It's about her and Bono and their love for each other, and how to get themselves out of the mess they find they are in. And you know what?? I LOVED that. In one of the other book reviews for this series, I noted that I didn't like that in that book, there wasn't so much of the Art. But HERE?? LOVED that there wasn't so much of it. I've no idea why it worked so well here! Something didn't quite click for me in book 7. Not so here. Whatever it was, doesn't happen here and I would have read this book in one sitting, well into time when I should have been at work, but really, I had to be present that day! But had real life not got in the way, one, single sitting. And its a long book!! OH!!! that little birthday party!! So great to catch up with everyone and their other halves, and the little ones! So many little people!! Ok so, summing up?? BEST ONE YET!! By far, after book one, my favourite of them all!! 5 full and shiny stars, because, lets face it, it can't have anything else, not at all!! **same worded review will appear elsewhere**