not quite as good as book one.

Redesigning Max (Foothills Pride Stories) - Pat Henshaw
Independent reviewer for Divine Magazine, I was gifted the AUDIO version of this book. Max needs helps remodeling his cabin. It's just brown and shades there of. Fredi takes up the challenge. And they both get more than they bargained for. This is book two in the Foothills Pride series and you don't need to have read/listened to book one, What's In A Name for this one to make sense. I have and I loved that one, it was just too stinking cute! But this one didn't quite hit that mark and I don't know why! It is, again, told in the 1st person, single point for view, and it's Fredi who gets a say/ I also think it's because Max didn't have a say. And Max really needed a say, he makes such life changing decisions here. I needed to know why he approached Fredi, to know why he came out as he did. I just NEEDED Max, and we don't get him. Again, totally clean, but I'm not missing it! However, the bigots in the Foothills are getting restless and they turn deadly here. Still, a great little short, 98 pages, hence the hangover tag. David Ross again narrates. While enjoying listening to this for the most part, Fredi's voice grated on my nerves. I've no idea why, I guess some voices just do. David Ross' voices for Jimmy and Guy are consistent from their book, and I had no problem defining who was speaking in multi person conversations. Ross' reading voice is clear and even, and apart from Fredi's voice, I liked how he portrayed Fredi and Max. Just shy of 3 hours listening time. 4 stars for the story (because we don't get Max) 4 stars for the narration (because of Fredi's voice) so, 4 stars overall. **same worded review will appear elsewhere**