really not one for me!

Wolf Whistle (Werewolves of Manhattan Book 7) - A.C. Katt
Independent reviewer for Divine Magazine, I was gifted my copy of this book.

Jumping straight in, because I have issues with this book.

This is book 7 in the Werewolves of Manhattan series, and I have not read those. I figured there is a little follow-on running through, about the Russians but that's all. To be honest, I might not have read this one if they are all the same.

FOOD!!! The book, once Richard meets Julien, focuses an awful lot on food. They eat, constantly. Like, on almost every page, food, food, and more food. Even when the reason for Richard's increased appetite is made clear, it was still somewhat annoying. Snacks, dinner, more snacks, more dinner.....you get the picture.

Repetition. There is constant reference to the order of things. The order in which the Alphas leave the room, are seated at the table, are talked about. Almost as much as the food issue.

The Serbian mobster issue was dealt with in what seemed like a rushed manner, and there were other points that could have been elaborated on, like the threads. Richard saw them, but they were never explained. While it's fairly obvious to me what they were, they were just there, and the gone.

There were some editing errors I spotted along the way, one in a chapter title. Should have been picked up at the first pass, that one!

Being brutally honest, because that is what reviewing is all about, being honest, I wanted to dump this and mark it DNF. But I didn't because I thought it might get better. Unfortunately, it didn't.

So, because I finished it, and ONLY because I did...

3 stars

**same worded review will appear elsewhere**