really good 4 star read

Scapulimancist (Seven Forbidden Arts Book 7) - Charmaine Pauls
Independent reviewer for Archaeolibrarian, I was gifted my copy of this book.

This is book 7 in the Seven Forbidden Arts series. This is also the most loosely connected to the other books, and I *think* that's what lets it down, just a tad. You don't HAVE to have read the other books, but they are all 4.5/5 star reads, so listen to me when I say, you SHOULD read them.

Sara is in the South African forests to see just how many elephants are left, and to tell Wayne he has to leave his land. But Wayne is having none of it, and plans to fight Sara. But someone wants Sara gone before she does her job, and Wayne finds himself all protective of Sara, in a way he never felt before. Will he keep her safe, or keep his long held land?

I love this series, you know I do, and Pauls is an amazing story teller, but it was just a matter of time before one slipped off that 5 star read peg, and this one happens to be it.

And for the life of me, I cannot pinpoint why, other than the fact that its only for a chapter or two the others appear. Godfrey flits in, and out. That man has more lives than a blooming cat! Everyone appears to help Wayne find Sara, and for Wayne to get some answers to the questions that have plagued him all these years. But that's all. And I can't decide if I'm pleased they only flit in and out, or not.

Sara and Wayne are perfect for each other, even if Wayne can't see it in the beginning. Sara's gift is not used as in depth as the others, she can control the animals in a short radius, and she only uses it for her own safety, often with comical if painful effects.

Don't you just hate not being able to word what you want to say, other than I'm sorry I didn't love it, like the rest??

4 stars

**same worded review will appear on Goodreads, Booklikes, Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.com, and Barnes and Noble**