so bloody good!

Let Me Show You - Becca Seymour
Independent reviewer for Archaeolibrarian, I was gifted my copy of this book. Carter finds himself stuck, and naked, when construction worker, Tanner comes to price up some renovations on his home. Tanner immediately takes a shine to the sexy but very shy vet. When Carter has problems at work, and when they go out, Tanner goes all alpha-male-MINE on Carter, and Carter thinks FINALLY! Tanner’s best friend needs him though, it’s why he moved to town. Can Tanner commit to Carter the way Carter wants, and needs? OH, SO very stinking cute, this one! AND warm and fuzzies! I really kinda fell into this one, and it was SOOOOO good! Carter isn’t looking for love, it kinda finds him and knocks him for six. Tanner is a breath of fresh air, and after weeks of flirting they FINALLY get down and dirty. I mean, I was waiting, and waiting and bloody WAITING for them to get their act together and give in to the attraction but it takes them FOREVER!!! BUT!!! I LOVED that it did! The tension between builds over time, and I really did appreciate being made to wait for the main event. It’s not overly dramatic, with no real drama, just a guy in a bad place taking it out on Carter at work. It’s not especially explicit, but it IS so bloody sexy. It’s not too complicated a plot to follow and there is no real violence. There is, though, a lotta love! A lot of people love Carter and Tanner, together and separately. And they make no bones about what they want for their friends, which is for Carter and Tanner to be together. It’s well written, from both Carter and Tanner’s point of view, in the first person. Each voice is clear and distinctive, and each change of voice occurs as the chapter changes and is clearly headed. I saw no spelling or editing errors to spoil my reading. It’s one of those books you just FALL into, you know. You can lose a couple of hours on a wet and windy Tuesday morning, after all the chores are done, you sit down with a cuppa tea, and read a bit, and before you know it, the book is finished! It really was far too stinking cute for its own good, and you know what?? I wrote four stars at the top of the page, but I can’t figure out why, so changing my mind, and giving it the full.. 5 stars **same worded review will appear elsewhere**