fab 4 star read!

Lavender Fields - Claire Smith, Hot Tree Editing, Natalina Reis
Personal Review, I was asked to read this book by the author, that I write a review was not required. Sky meets Caleb when he falls too fast and can't stop in time. And falls for Caleb. Problem is, Caleb is the soul Sky has been sent to collect. Sky can't carry out his job so another angel is sent. But Sky keeps saving Caleb, and the other angel keeps coming. Can they figure out why Caleb has been targeted? I'm not one for instant professions of love, and it happens here, right in chapter one when Sky falls in love with Caleb. Now, it does kind of explain that away, since Sky falls in love often, but not to the depth of emotion he feels with Caleb. Still, its and instalove thing. Also, first person, present tense AND single point of view is not for me, because ...la.la.la.you know what I'm gonna say, and blah blah blah, hearing from everyone! BUT!!!! It's a nice book, a well written one by a new to me author. It does move at speed in places, and it gets a little . . . painful reading about what Samael does to Sky and his wings. Made me cry a little there! The heat level creeps up through the book. I did think it might actually end up clean but the boys do get their down and dirty on! Not explicit, but well written. Right level of heat for this book. It didn't seem the 200 odd pages its billed at, so a little longer than the usual hangover cure, but it landed in my queue just at the right time, so I'm filing it as such. A great little read. 4 stars **same worded review will appear elsewhere**