so dark and deadly! LOVED it!

Damned: A Magnus Blackwell Novel (Book 1) - Alexandrea Weis, Lucas Astor
Independent reviewer for Archaeolibrarian, I was gifted my copy of this book. There is a book before this one, Blackwell, which sort of lays the history out of what happened at the manor 100 years ago. Personally, I would recommend you read it, although this is billed as a stand alone. I just think you'll have a better picture of Mr Magnus Blackwell, and what he did, than is recapped here. However, I wasn't too impressed with it, myself! BUT!!! This one was a much MUCH better read! It grabs you, and pulls you kicking and screaming through every vision Lexie has. Through every event at the manor. Through the trip back to Boston and her mother. And back to New Orleans. It recaps much of what happened to Magnus, O'Connor, Francis and Katie, but you don't get how the two men felt at the time, that doesn't come across time so well. You get sort of hints spat at you, about what's really going on. About Remi, and what he is up to. About Magnus and what he begins to feel for Lexie, about his sorrow at what he did all those years ago. You get hints about what Ms Mann (Magnus' secretary) did, after the death of the Blackwells. And then when Lexie goes to New Orleans, you get hints and clues and you aren't ever really sure just who is the bad guy and who isn't!! You really don't know until all the cards are laid out, just who is playing who! Oh and I loved being kept on my toes!! Told mostly from Lexie, Magnus and Remi's point of view, I would like to have heard from Will, Lexie's fiancee too, but that's a minor niggle, and just a comment more than a criticism. Its a long book, some 360 odd pages, but I read it in one sitting. Did not move, not once!! It grabs hold of you that well!! I am left with only two questions: 1. When is the next book out?? Because I sooooo wanna read it!!! It's clear Lexie has power, its just what she is going to do with it. and 2. Just WHO the hell is the grey Maine Coon cat?!?!?!?!?! Because I read it in one sitting, because it grabbed and didn't let go, because of that Damned cat... 5 stars **same worded review will appear elsewhere**