Flawless!

BLACK (All the King's Men Book 8) - Donya Lynne, Reese Dante, Laura LaTulipe
Independent reviewer for Archaeolibrarian, I was gifted my copy of this book. This is book 8 in the series, and for this to make much sense, you must, I mean MUST read the others. Because they are awesome, and much happened in those books that is referenced here but not fully explained. And I told you to, okay?? Jumping straight in. Because wooooooeeeeeee! Ms Lynne did throw some curve balls!! Micah found out in Bound Guardian Angel that he has a brother, Ronan and that his father is alive, not dead like he though these 950 years. BUT here?? He founds out much more. He finds out his family tree, who he is related to and how. He finds out that seemingly impossible things really can happen. He finds out the Drecks have been doing much more than making cobalt blue to destroy the vampires, and that he is going to need some help to remove this new threat. Enter stage right, The Lycans! These guys are BIG news, they have been aware of this new threat but trying to contain it. However, Ronan's antics with the ankh he stole from Micah have forced them to come clean. These guys are gonna be an awesome addition to this world, I know it. I'm being deliberately vague in what I'm saying, I know I am but this book is FULL of massive spoilers and I don't want to ruin it for you. But let me tell ya, its an A-MA-ZING read! One sitting, I read it in one sitting. Some things I saw coming, some I did not. Some things came from WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY out the left field. I also saw some pairings, that maybe haven't been discussed before. That I wanna see if I'm right. Can't wait for the next one! Ms Lynne spends a lot, and I mean a LOT of time after writing her books, tidying them up, editing, editing and MORE editing, and as a reader, its frustrating having to wait so long between books. BUT also as a reader, it makes you appreciate the finished product, and this one really is FLAWLESS. All the major players have a say, and ya'll know how much I love that, even the Lycans and they really are so very very different. Can't wait for more of them! Kind of a cliff hanger ending, but in a way only Ms Lynne can delivery. 5 full stars **same worded review will appear elsewhere**