a nice book, a good book.

Finnegan's Promise - Carol Lynne
Calder Finnegan goes home to his father's pub to help while Sean goes on holiday to Ireland. But Sean is ill and he keeps that from Fin. Bar man Mick knows, but is sworn to secrecy by Sean. As Mick and Fin grow closer, Mick is torn between his growing love for Fin, and his utmost respect for Sean. When Fin finds out, he is devastated that he can't have the relationship with his father he always wanted. Finding it hard to word what I want to say about this book, I did mostly enjoy it, but it didn't blow me away. It is well written, from both Mick and Fin's point of view and I didn't spot any editing or spelling errors. It was just a nice book! I'm sorry, I really am, that i can't find a better word for it. It passed a plane trip quite . . . .nicely! I think more could have been made of Fin coming out to his football teammates, because that doesn't happen here and I think it should have. I'm not usually one for professions of love so very early on, but it felt right here. Given they knew this time together was limited, they went all in. I've read one other book by Lynne and I said the heat level in that book was low. But here, it seems to have gone to the opposite extreme. Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm all for high heat level books, IF it fits in the story. But I think the story suffered a bit here. So, for a nice easy read, 3 stars **same worded review will appear elsewhere**