good, but didnt blow me away.

The Fangs of Scavo - Selina Kray
Detective Inspector Timothy Stoker is tasked with bringing down Hieronymus Bash, an amateur detective trying to bring down charlatans and show people taking money for nothing. The two men are thrown together when both cases become muddled and some trophies that protect the hunters for the Demon Cats of Scavo are stolen. I liked this, it was different and different is always good in my book. I just found it a little . . . . .long winded. Both Tim, and Heiro are prone to using, for want of a better phrase, big long words that gave the impression they had swallowed a dictionary. I found myself constantly checking the meaning of words, and phrases, and it meant that I lost my flow many times, leading to the long winded feeling I'm left with. Oh don't get me wrong, it's a really GOOD book, just not one that blew me away. Tim and Heiro have instant and powerful chemistry, and its great watching them come together, even if what they are doing might get them hanged. Set in late Victorian times, laying with another man was highly illegal. Both men know this, yet they cannot deny their feelings. I didn't get the whodunit til it was revealed in the book, and I did like being kept on my toes. I changed my mind many times, and each time I was proved wrong and I really did not see that one coming! Extremely well written, in the third person, from both man's point of view, with no spelling or editing errors I spotted, I have no doubt some will love this. I'm just sorry I couldn't. I would, however, like to read any future books in the series, or something else written by Ms Kray. I liked, big long words aside, the way she spins a tale. So, a good book, just not a brilliant one but still it gets. . . . 4 stars. **same worded review will appear elsewhere**