great book, even if I didn't like Alyssa much!

Hers, Untamed - Anna Adler
Alyssa pays half a million credits for Jax, her new pet. Jax is the name she gave the human-alien hydrid fighting his captors when she went to look. But Jax is not a pet, nor the sex toy Alyssa wants him for. He will, however, play nicely to get what he wants, his freedom. Will Alyssa let him go?? At first, I didn't like this book. Mainly because of Alyssa herself. She is a spoilt brat, who thinks it's perfectly acceptable to keep a man in a cage, to walk him on a leash. But Alyssa is a product of her upbringing, her culture. And as she gets to know Jax, she also gets to know a bit more about her people, and their opinion of and the way they treat their "pets" She begins to see that maybe, just maybe, this is not the way they should treat people. And she does redeem herself beautifully!! Oh it takes her time to do that and she does use Jax in many ways, not that he really objected to having Alyssa touch him the way she does but he has to show some objection, right?? It's very well written, with all the technology of the time and place fairly easy to understand and picture, lots of common words are used for various things so it wasn't taxing on the brain. It's sexy in places, a bit heart stopping in others. I really really enjoyed it. BUT!!! Only Alyssa has her say. And I so desperately wanted to hear from Jax! Like, I'm reading along, waiting, waiting, preying, begging and pleading that we'd hear from Jax and we don't. And when I realised I wouldn't get to hear from him, I spat my dummy out, threw my toys out the pram and had a full on hissy fit!! Because I have no doubt at all, had Jax been given a proper voice, I would have enjoyed this immensely more, even with my dislike of Alyssa in the beginning, and this would have been a five star review. I loved the Adler tells her tale, and I would like to read more by this author. This is the first of her work I've read. So, ONLY because Jax doesn't get a say.......... 4 stars **same worded review will appear elsewhere**