something didn't quite work for me

Play Chopin for Me - Max Vos, A. J. Corza
Independent reviewer for Divine Magazine, I was gifted my copy of this book. Dale's home and restaurant are destroyed by fire. Turning up at his sister's house in his boxers and a raincoat give Chrissie the opportunity to finally give Dale the make over she has longed to give him. Al's roommate leave, and he needs a new one to meet rent. Dale and Al come together, and neither expected what it would lead to. *insert sigh* *insert another, deeper sigh* I wanted to love this, I really did. But for a couple of reasons, I didn't. I did not connect, at any level, with either Dale or Al. I don't know why, and it always pains me when I am unable to voice what I need to say. Pains me deeply. Especially when this is a new to me author and I get to meet him later this year! I found there was a great deal of dialogue, and the gaps between were few. What there was in the gaps, though, was good! I liked the connection between Al's father and Dale's solicitors father. I did not like what Al's grandmother did!! I did like the way it came out though, just not the depths she went to to get what she wanted. Oh, wait. I take my non-connection back. I DID feel for Al, when all was revealed. I even shed a tear for him. I loved how, one way or another, Dale, Al and Chrissie all ended up in Paris, at the same time! Cute, that. Really cute. So all in all, a good book, but for ME, not a great one. 3 stars **same worded review will appear elsewhere**