oh! I LOVED this one!!

A Worthy Man - Jaime Reese
Independent reviewer for Archaeolibrarian I was gifted my copy of this book. This is book five in the Men of Halfway House. It is a total stand alone within the series. But you should read the other books, if only because I said so and they are ALL five star reads. (I'm waiting for one to slip, but five books in and Reese is nailing every single one!) Ten years ago, Vann saved Dray's life and paid for it with his own. Some 520 letters later, Dray is able to finally get back the man he loved. But Vann is a changed man, and it takes time for him to get used to the fact that Dray still wants him, still loves him and waited so very long for him. I loved this!! Loved that Dray waited for Vann, loved that Vann could only hope for Dray. When I saw teasers for this book, it said low angst. Now, compared to A Better Man, is is very low but this isn't about Aiden and Jessie, this is Vann and Dray's story. And for me, I found there to be a different level of angst. And it simmers and bubbles all the way through the book. You never know when it will let up, and I loved that. Two things made this book for me. One, the epilogue. All the way through, every time 'their tree' was mentioned, I thought, why aren't they going?? And then, they do!! And its so beautiful. So very very beautiful. It made me cry! Two, when Vann says those three little words. Because up to THAT point, it didn't click that only Dray had said them!! I'm like. . He didn't, did he?? He didn't say them til that point, and again, I cried. Oh. Wait. Three. There is a line in the book where the title makes total sense. And guess what? I cried. Come to think of it, for a low angst book, I cried a lot. But still,an amazing addition to this series and I have no idea who might be next. A beautifully written book of waiting, wanting and getting that second chance with the only man you ever loved. All the guys from previous books pop up, and I loved that they do. There was a little recap about each pairing too. So, an emotional, single sitting read, that can only warrant.... 5 full stars **same worded review will appear elsewhere**