I love this one!!

Gabriel (Order of the Black Knights Book 5) - RK Staunton
Independent reviewer for Divine Magazine, I was gifted my copy of this book. This is book five in the Order of the Black Knights series. You don't need to have read the others, but you should. Each book has a different author, dealing with the same theme: love, kill, rinse and repeat. Until The One. The One who will stop the cycle. And I am LOVING how each author deals with this theme, really I am. Gabriel is now professor at a university in the middle of nowhere. Lucas is a student, but not one of Gabriel's. When Lucas' flat mate goes missing, Lucas calls on Gabriel's CIA background to help. And Lucas finds himself in far deeper than he ever imagined. And just like that, we are back up to 5 full stars!! I LOVED this one! On a par with Vespar, book three, it kinda grabs you, and doesn't let you go. Gabriel is, for the most part, hiding. Lucas sets all his radars off in ways he didn't know he had radars to set off. When Eric, the flat mate, goes missing, Gabriel has to dig deep, far deeper than he knew he could dig, to give Lucas what he needed. Lucas had noticed Gabriel way before that first cup of coffee appeared before him. And Gabriel pushed all of Lucas' buttons, in every which way. Gabriel's past that comes back to help Eric and Lucas brings them far closer than either of them planned, but both desperately needed. In all the other books, there has been a moment of, almost. . . I dunno if zen is the right word, but a moment when you think....."oh my freaking god" That moment here came when Gabriel let forth the name of the one who started him on this slippery slope, on the never ending love, kill, rinse, repeat cycle. I was like...."what did he just say?" Because I skim read at the best of times. And I glanced over that bit, stopped dead, went back, stopped again, read it again. Four times it took me rereading that little line for me to fully comprehend what he said. I've no idea WHY it took me four times, its just one little name, but there you go. Just needed to say that! Through a bit of stalking, and digging around Amazon/Goodreads and the like, I have discovered that this author usually writes, and I quote here "romance with a side of spanking" male/female romance. So this is her first attempt at male/male AND the darker/ grittier sort of book. And my opinion on that attempt?? NAILED IT. As in totally and utterly nailed it. So, because I read it in one sitting, and because Staunton NAILED it... 5 full stars! ps, please write more, I'll read them, I really will! **same worded review will appear elsewhere**