creeping up!

An Imperfect Engagement - Alyssa Drake
Independent reviewer for Archaeolibrarian, I was gifted my copy of this book. This is book two in the Wiltshire Chronicles, and you really SHOULD read book one before this, A Perfect Plan. This one follows immediately on from that and not all is recapped here. And AGAIN we're left hanging! Not quite as badly as book one, granted but still. Thing are not resolved, the murderer from book one is still at large, as is his recently revealed accomplice (not WHO said accomplice is, mind, just that there is one!) There are some developments in the genral plot line, a twist that literally smacked me upside the head because I did NOT see that coming, ideas, ideas, ideas as to who wrote that little missive to previously aforementioned murderer!! I love how Samantha and Benjamin's relationship continues to grow, within the confines of "proper" behaviour of their time. Love that both of them push those confines far more than anyone should. LOVE that while Edward, Sam's brother, knows full well of that pushing, he doesn't restrict it. Almost encourages it, to be honest! Thomas, Benjamin's twin, seems to be spreading his wings, with ladies, quite literally, swooning at his feet BUT one particular lady has him running for the hills and I can't wait to get that full story! OH!! I and LOVED that while Samantha was often and frequently shortened to Sam, Benjamin was not once shortened to Ben. I need to say that. Its a bugbare of mine, and I loved that Benjamin was given his full name every time. Not even Thomas shortened it! Wonder how long I'm gonna have to wait for book three!! Still can't quite stretch to five full stars, however, I'm rounding this one UP to 5 stars for the blog/amazon purposes. But getting there, creeping up each time. So... 4.5 stars (rounded up to 5) **same worded review will appear elsewhere**