i did finish it!

Dinner at the Blue Moon Cafe - Rick R. Reed
Independent reviewer for Archaeolibrarian, I was gifted my copy of this book. Jumping straight in, because I'm not really sure I liked this book. I DID finish it, although it was touch and go. What I DID like about it, is that we heard from the whodunnit type person, which is kinda vague, I know, but if you read the book you'll understand what I mean. You know I love hearing from the bad guy, or guys, plural, in this case. And while its . . . . .messy . . . reading, its good reading. For almost ALL the book, its Thad having a say. His friend Jared gets a couple of paragraphs, as well, as the aforementioned bad guys. BUT! Sam ONLY gets a few lines! Had Sam had more of a say, I think I would have enjoyed it more. I wanted to know what he thought about Thad, about his son, and his sister. About who might be doing the murders, and about how Sam felt, when he learned (learnt?? I still cannot get that one right!) the horrible truth. I did like that I didn't get who was doing the murders, not til it all became clear. Did enjoy being kept on my toes. But when the other bad guy steps up, that was immediately clear who that was. I'm just not sure the story itself worked for me, or maybe it was Thad himself, since he gets the biggest say. I dunno. But like I said, I did finish it, and I promised myself if I finish a book, it should get at least . . . . . 3 stars **same worded review will appear elsewhere**