oh.my.freaking.god!!

A Deadly Sin - Tracie Podger
Independent reviewer for Archaeolibrarian, I was gifted my copy of this book.

Again, jumping straight in. And again, struggling to word what I need to say, so bare with me, ok?? Also, I'm writing this review on the back of writing the review for Gabriel. So if I repeat myself, I'm sorry.

This book is told from two people's point of view, both in the first. Mich, as the main character, tells what's going on, but also we get the bad guy. And boy is he bad! I love getting the bad guys, but this one is just a little too creepy for me. Or I thought so, til he told me more, about what he was doing and more importantly WHY. Yes, it is not an easy thing to read, but you understand him more, as time goes on. Not sure if understand him is the right phase though, cos that makes me one sick puppy if I can understand WHY he does what he does! But do you follow?? Things make more sense as to the why, when his past begins to reveal itself.

I loved the seamless melding of Gabriel's story into this one. LOVED how it all started to come together. LOVED how much I did not see coming at me, not at all.

I read this almost back to back to Gabriel. While I didn't think you NEED to read Gabriel first, if you like thriller, especially ones with some very twisted minds, some very deep rooted beliefs, you should read Gabriel first. I would, really I would. Especially as Gabriel plays a much bigger part in the next book.

While looking forward to it isn't quite the right word, I hope to read the next one, A Deadly Mission. I want to see just how far Mich and Gabriel will go to rid the world of this group of people who have destroyed so many lives.

A very VERY different read to my usual romances, but crime/thriller was my go-to, (that and some good old horror!) pre-kindle days and I really did enjoy getting back to my roots.

Staying up way past your bedtime, full of a cold, it can only get...

5 full stars

**same worded review will appear elsewhere**