really enjoyed this!

What's in a Name? - Pat Henshaw
Independent reviewer for Divine Magazine, I was gifted the AUDIO file of this book.

Jimmy decides its a bloody good idea to get dead drunk on his birthday after his boyfriend dumps. The bar tender picks him up and takes him home, just to make sure Jimmy is safe. But Jimmy doesn't know his name, he wears a different badge every day. When it becomes clear that Jimmy and the Guy have a huge connection, Guy gives Jimmy 7 guesses to get his name. Can't be that hard, can it??

Oh, I loved this!! Its so bloody cute!

We do only get Jimmy, and ya'll know how I feel about READING single person books. However, I've come to the conclusion I love LISTENING to single person point of view, especially if they are first person. Why its different, I've no idea, but there you go, just needed to say it.

I like Henshaw's writing, the way their mind works. I liked that I didn't get who was doing the damage to the coffee shop, that was a great misdirection!

It's mostly clean, but not a bad thing, not here. I LOVED that it was that way here.

Its not very long, hence the hang over tag, just under 3 hours, 80 odd pages but I don't think it needed any more.

And I DID get Guy's name before Jimmy did, honestly, I did!

David Ross narrates.

This is the first of his work, and indeed Henshaw's, that I've listened to. I hope it won't be the last. I enjoyed his voices for Jimmy and Guy, and everyone else too. They all came across clear and I had no trouble getting what I needed to know, from Jimmy, via Ross.

Ross' reading voice is clear and even, and very easy on the ears. I'd love to be able to continue with this series in audio, but this is the only one out yet. I'll wait though. I've found starting a series in audio, then switching to reading has a.....negative....impact on my enjoyment.

So, for a short book, it gets a surprising...

5 stars
5 star narration
5 overall.

**same worded review will appear on Goodreads, Booklikes, Audible.com, Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.com, Kobo, Dreamspinner Press and Barnes and Noble**