I need more of these people!!

Whiskers of a Chance - Tempeste O'Riley
Independent reviewer for Divine Magazine, I was ifted the audio file of this book.

Keith is Lynx, a shifter heir to his chain, his pack. But Keith is also expected to mate and have an heir. Difficult, since he is gay and gay Lynx don't have mates, let alone fated ones. Moving him and his sister and nephew off his father's lands, away from the tyrant he is, gives Keith an entirely different view of just what he has always been told. Jason is the neighbour of Keith's new home. There is an instant and powerful reaction between the two men. There is also a darker force at work trying to keep them apart. Can they really be fated mates??

OH!! I do love different shifters! Lynx, no less! Granted other shifters take part here but Keith is Lynx. First I've read of a Lynx shifter. Hope it won't be the last, especially if O'Riley writes it!

I loved that instant and powerful reaction between Keith and Jason, and I do mean INSTANT! Not the love, not instalove, but the lust is off the freaking charts!

I loved the parts the other paranormals play here, because I did not see Sasha (please excuse me if I spelt it wrong, but I listened to this and didn't see it written down!) being what and WHO he is. Loved the animosity between Keith and Sasha. But equally, I loved that they all learnt to play nicely, if only for Jason's sake.

Loved the way Keith found out so much from Sasha, and the wolves too. Loved that the Council were able to make Keith see just how insular his chain had become. Didn't love that Keith had to do what he did, but sometimes, these things are the only way.

But I'm left wanting more of these people. And I can't find any. So, anyone know if there are more of these books?? Because I NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED them!

Craig Beck narrates.

This is the first of his work I have listened to and on the whole, I did enjoy it. His reading voice was deep and clear and I had no problem defining the voices in multi person conversations. Its the voices themselves that I had *issues* with. The book is based, I believe, on the west coast of America, Seattle I think. But some of Beck's voices were distinctively NOT west coast America, Jason's especially was very much a London accent. BUT while odd in the beginning, once I got used to it, it was just Jason. I like Beck's work, I will listen to other work by him.

4 stars for the book
4 for the narration
4 overall

**same worded review will appear on: Goodreads, Booklikes, Dreamspinner Press, Audible.com, Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.com, Barnes and Noble and Kobo**